Awana and "ebotions"

Awana:
My oldest started attending a local Awana group about a month ago. They have a memory verse every week.

A couple weeks ago, I had him say his verses for me. He can say all of these verses much more smoothly today, but I love this "rendition", because, in the 3rd verse (Romans 5:8), he says "killed" instead of "died", and I think it's a good illustration of his understanding of "died".


"Ebotions":
I started doing devotions with the boys while my baby princess takes her morning nap. They are most often referred to as "ebotions". I get the boys a little snack, and we sit down to read from our Children's Bible.


I chose this particular book after I'd read some good reviews about it.

Here's one:

Not only is each story as vividly illustrated as it is portrayed, but also each tale is telling one Big Story--the Story of Jesus. Even the Old Testament stories of `The young hero and the horrible giant' and `Daniel and the scary sleepover' come full circle to Jesus, the greatest Hero, King, Lover and Rescuer the world has ever known. -- More to Life Magazine, May 2007

We made it through all 350 pages in a little over a month. The kids always want to read the next story during "ebotion" 'time. I plan to continue going through the book from beginning to end until the kids are older and ready for a different format for our "ebotions".

I highly recommend the book!



0 Responses to "Awana and "ebotions""