Ornamental

I wanted to share some of my favorite ornaments with you. Most of them have history and are meaningful and filled with fun memories.

My first Christmas ornament. Thanks, Mom for getting it for me, saving it all these 29 years, and handing it down to me when I started putting up my own Christmas tree. :) I love this little thing.

My wedding year ornament. What fun! I love this picture too. I may have put it on the anniversary post in July...I love that we both have such funny/goofy/genuinely happy looks on our faces.

Ok, now the following ornaments were fashioned by my Children's Church leader at our church in Chicago. Each year, we put on this hugenormous Christmas production, and she made ornaments for each of us with pictures of us in our costumes. I this one, I'm a cook named "Cookie". I had a pretty fun role in the play "Wise Guys and Starry Skies". Ha! :)

In this one...I was a shepherd. If I remember correctly, I was not happy to be a shepherd (or shepherdess??). I wanted the lead role with the solo...You know, I think one of my fellow blogging friends got that role... :) I'm not bitter..

I think this was the first production I participated in. Everyone was dressed up as a toy/doll. I'm a doll...a ballerina doll...I think that's the way it went. :) I was pretty cute. :)

Oh, my awkwardness...this was an awkward stage. That's all I really remember about it.


And, this is in a different genre of ornaments. I just love it. So I wanted to share it with you. I love playing piano and can't wait to move into a house that has room for one so I can snatch my mom's from her!

Ok...that's all. Some Christmas fun.

Sorry my comments weren't working...I didn't know until today. So...comment away! :)

3 Responses to "Ornamental"

Erika May (visit their site)

HEY! I just got your comment about knitting. I didn't know you changed your blog...let's make a date and I can show you the basics. Most basic books are really confusing, at least to start. I have to work all this week but late afternoon/evening is okay...tomorrow after work (4:30ish) is good for me but let me know what works for you.

Jamimania (visit their site)

LOVE the photos. How fun. Are you making photo ornaments with your kiddos?

Melanie (visit their site)

You are so cute!!!!