Thief


I'm trying something new today. The One-Minute Writer gives writing prompts each day. Today's prompt is "Thief". I'm supposed to write about something I stole.

I stole lemon drops once. Not from a store. From a fellow missionary who was ministering with me in Kenya. She let me borrow her tent to read in while she was out on a safari. While I was sitting there, I saw a bag of lemon drops. How often do you see lemon drops in the Masai Mara in Kenya? At the time, it felt like it had been years since I had tasted candy...and like I may never taste it again. It may have been my last chance. So, I ate a few...not really sure how many actually.

But...the nice missionary girl must have been keeping pretty good inventory, because when she returned, she confronted me about the missing lemon drops.

Oops.

Don't they look yummy?? :)

0 Responses to "Thief"