More Advantages of Having Kids

Last month, I wrote a funny little post about the benefits of having kids. I may have been a bit silly in that post, but honestly, every day I spend with my kids, I think of all the ways they improve my life.

From my own experience and what I have observed around me, being a young mom can be very intimidating and overwhelming.

The biggest adjustment period for me was the short time that my first boy was our only little one. The moment he was born, my life changed more drastically than I had ever experienced. My purpose and identity changed overnight. I started to realize that, even though I'd always wanted to be a mom, I actually had no idea what I was in for. And, I wasn't sure I was cut out for it.

When my boy was only 7 months old, I found out I was pregnant with our 2nd baby. As you can imagine, I was a little freaked out. I hadn't even come to grips with being a mom to ONE baby, let alone TWO!


Long story short....I was pleasantly surprised to find that my second child made being a mom so much easier for me. And, when our baby girl was added to the mix last summer, the joy of motherhood was multiplied again.

I'll share more in a series of posts about the advantages of having kids. :)

For now, just have a look at these little cherubs, and I think you'll start to get a feel for what I'm talking about.







I am truly the happiest I've ever been.

1 comments:

Heather (visit their site)

I love your photoshop pictures...wish we could get together and you can teach me what you know.