Try These Cookies

I've been tweaking this cookie recipe for a couple months now.
It's low(er) calorie...and YUMMY! :)
Try it.

1/2 c. butter, softened (1 stick)
1/3 c. applesauce (This replaces the usual 2nd stick of butter)
2/3 c. Splenda (instead of sugar...Splenda=0 calories)
2/3 c. brown sugar packed
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 c. instant oatmeal
About 1/3 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

When I make them from my relatively high altitude home, the cookies turn out big and soft. It might be different if you're closer to sea level.

I usually spoon the cookies out so that I get about 22 cookies per batch (kind of big).

I did the calculations, and figured that if I made the cookies with 2 sticks of butter and real sugar, each cookie would be about 205 calories. But, with the applesauce and Splenda substitutes, each cookie is about 140 calories.

Plus, they truly taste better the low-calorie way. That makes these cookies THE BEST!!

Let me know what you think..

1 comments:

Anonymous (visit their site)

try half choc chips and half butterscotch chips!!!!