A Christmas Gift

We had a good Christmas. I tried to be a little more minimalistic this year when it came to presents. I got a few presents for the boys...things I really wanted them to have/use. And, most of the presents were for both of them, because I really want them to learn to share.

With those goals in mind, I asked my mom to be a little more conservative in her Christmas shopping for my kids too. :) It was hard for her...she's very generous...and finds great deals on cool stuff...BUT...she did a good job.

This is what I requested that she buy the boys:
They love to draw and color and paint, and I thought it would be a good way to help them explore their creatives sides. It's bulky and space-consuming...but I really like it. In fact, I'm a little jealous. :) When they're painting, I wish that there was a third side of the easel so I could join in and have my own little space.

My brother drew my name this year, so he was responsible for buying for the kids. He bought the accessory kit that goes with the easel. The paint, paint containers, brushes, dry erase markers, chalk, and eraser. It was perfect. :)
On the box that the easel came in, there was a boy painting a boat. So, my biggest boy always wants to paint a boat.
You may not be able to tell, but this painting is of an elephant. :)

I like the easel...I hope we all put it to good use in the coming year and beyond.

1 comments:

STARRWY (visit their site)

I see the elephant! Must be the drugs! How cute...did the elephant get a name??? Love you all!!!